Function & Responsibilities
- Carries out strategic objectives to continuously grow and add value to a diverse and committed membership.
- Welcome, orientation and mentorship of New Members; serve as ABC “Connectors”
- Contact and recruit potential new members
- Plan and produce GC Spotlight events and other after-hours mixers for members
- Plan and produce Future Member Breakfast and other membership development events
Meeting Schedule – First Wednesday of each month
Function & Responsibilities
- Carries out strategic objectives to increase the political influence of ABC to advance the merit shop philosophy and free enterprise
- Makes all legislative recommendations to the Board and Chapter
- Monitors legislation affecting the industry
- Attends legislative session meetings, lobbying efforts and state wide meetings
- Interviews and recommends candidates to endorse to Board and Chapter
- Plans and runs events to raise PAC money
- Meets with legislators as needed
- Makes monthly reports at Chapter meetings
Meeting Schedule – First Thursday of each month
Carries out strategic objectives to establish ABC as the leading force in the construction industry for workforce development and training.
- Promotes construction career opportunities to area middle school and high school students.
- Coordinates field trip and other educational opportunities for area students
- Identifies organizations with which ABC can partner to achieve its workforce goals; fosters relationships with these organizations
Meeting Schedule – Second Tuesday of each month
- Carries out strategic objectives to ensure ABC members are the benchmark for health and safety in the construction industry.
- Promotes STEP, conducts training classes for STEP applicants
- Provides monthly “Safety Moment” at regular ABC meetings
Meeting schedule - First Thursday of each month
- The mission of the ABC Women’s Council is to promote, support, encourage and provide a voice for women in the construction industry through education, professional development, legislative involvement, and philanthropic endeavors.
Meeting Schedule – 3rd Tuesday of each month
- ABC Young Professionals mission is to broaden the visibility of ABC and the experiences of its Young Professionals by providing opportunities for leadership development, education, networking, and community involvement.
Meeting Schedule – After-hours social and events are monthly and determined by committee.
Member Volunteers are always welcome…some other ways to get involved:
- Teach a class or lead a workshop for ABC members
- Help identify luncheon speakers and other programs
- Submit an industry article for the e-newsletter or Chapter website
- Join an event committee:
- Game Night
- Golf Tournament
- Excellence in Construction Awards
- Sporting Clays